As part of a nationwide plan to get empty properties back into use, Birmingham City Council asks you to report empty homes.
Homes that stand empty in Birmingham are a target for squatters, vandals and burglars. Instead, they could be providing homes for the many people who need one.
Report a privately-owned empty property by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full address of the property
- Type of property (for example: bungalow, flat, semi-detached house)
- A description of the external condition of the property
- Length of time it has been empty
- Any additional information about the property (for example: about the owner or any known occurrences of nuisance)
- Your contact details
The council will investigate and take whatever steps are appropriate.
To report problems with an empty council home, please call 0121 464 4700 or report this online.