Report an Empty Home

As part of a nationwide plan to get empty properties back into use, Birmingham City Council asks you to report empty homes.

Homes that stand empty in Birmingham are a target for squatters, vandals and burglars. Instead, they could be providing homes for the many people who need one.

Report a privately-owned empty property by emailing: with the following information:

  • Full address of the property
  • Type of property (for example: bungalow, flat, semi-detached house)
  • A description of the external condition of the property
  • Length of time it has been empty
  • Any additional information about the property (for example: about the owner or any known occurrences of nuisance)
  • Your contact details

The council will investigate and take whatever steps are appropriate.

To report problems with an empty council home, please call 0121 464 4700 or report this online.