People aged 36 and over are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, along with others including:
- people who are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people who are at moderate risk from coronavirus (clinically vulnerable)
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- informal carers (see article here)
Those who are eligible will be contacted by the NHS to book their vaccination, or you can book a vaccination, or manage an existing appointment, here. You can also schedule your vaccination by calling 119. Find out more about the vaccine here.
It’s important to have both your vaccines to have maximum protection, but encouragingly a new study by Public Health England (PHE) shows that household transmission is reduced by up to half after one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.